Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Credo

My Twelve Credos

1. I believe that Justice is the work of God, in conscience of man revealed and by the law made real;
2. I believe in the rule of law based on morality, by reason made stable and the citizen made true;
3. I believe that the citizen is God’s repository of power, the end of the state, and the insurer of his own freedom;
4. I believe that freedom is the will to do right in the performance of duty and the suppression of evil;
5. I believe that the triumph of evil over good is caused by men who refuse to serve and are not bothered by guilt;
6. I believe that guilt must be determined only by trial before a court where justice is free, and not by coercion or publicity;
7. I believe that public education of the young and the old, and of the poor who abor most is the key to freedom in the mind;
8. I believe that the mind is the bastion of truth, where the force of an idea is tested, and where worship moves from the heart;
9. I believe that the heart is the cathedral of the prayer, where the murmurs of the meek, poor, the defenseless, and the oppressed gather into a voice of history;
10. I believe that history is written for the Filipino only by a Filipino who hears this voice, who loves his country next only to God;
11. I believe that God’s deed is an epitome of kindness where differences are neglected and where true love always stands tall;
12. I believe that nobody stands taller than those willing to stand corrected, for the willingness to be right from wrong means accepting he is imperfect.